Friday, May 26, 2006

Thoughts from Mommy

I never could imagine being in this situation. You know that things like this happen every single day - but it "will never happen to you."

You would think that a situation like this would have me at the feet of Jesus every waking moment, especially during the times when it seemed Olivia's life hung on a balance. To be honest - I haven't been praying all that much - that is why I a SO thankful for all of you out there that have knocked on the doors of Heaven on my family's behalf. I know that God always answers prayer but I equally know that the answer is not always yes. Sometimes it is NO and sometimes WAIT. I know that it would take God's healing touch for my little girl's brain to be healed but I do believe in a God of miracles and hold on to that hope for her.

I love Olivia and it has been a hard week not being able to be with and hold her. I am glad though, that we are all sick now and not later when she is home. I do not get sick that often and hope this will be my one major cold of the year. We cannot really afford to all get sick like this once Olivia is home.

The day that I found out that I was pregnant with twins and all the other that went with it the Lord gave me a Bible passage. It is Psalm 77. I read it many times during my pregnancy and in the hospital. The night that the girls were born and the doctors had told us that they were not sure that Olivia would make it through the night, I had Brian read Psalm 77 to me because I could not myself. This passage has become my hearts prayer.

God has surely been good to me and my family in the past. But something that I need to keep in mind is that even if He took Olivia home to be with him today - God is still good.

3 comments:

Emma R. said...

Oh Amy, I wish I lived closer so I could just give you a big hug. Your feelings are so totallly normal and I had them all myself. Your family will get through all these hard times and one day you will look back and smile about it. I promise

Emma R. said...

Amy you remember this bible verse too, I think its Emma's personal favorite too. "I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens me." --Phil. 4:13

Anonymous said...

I cannot completely imagine or know what you are going through in these times, but I continue to pray for you, that the Lord will give you strength and some sort of comfort too.
Naomi (Kinney) Frank