Saturday, October 07, 2006

Better late than Never

I know. It's been more than a couple days. The last few days seems to have just vanished. We tried to put some pictures on and the program is not working tonight. I will try tomorrow. I just wanted to let you all know how we are doing. I will go from youngest to oldest.

Alysa- Wow! She is amazing. She has grown so much. It is hard to believe that she is 6 months old now. The day before she turned 5 months old she rolled over from her back to her front. With a month of practice, she has become a pro. You have to keep an eye on her if you leave her on the floor or you may come back and find her halfway across the room. She is so aware of her surroundings and interacts with us. I can't describe how much I love her. And I am so glad that she is a happy baby. She smiles and laughs so much. It's beatiful.

Tyler - He is SO busy. He has learned to climb out of his play area and his crib. In a heartbeat you can find him on the kitchen table. The big trouble with that is he has no fear. He would just as easily walk right off the table without giving it a second thought. He loves to play outdoors. He cries when it is time to come inside. He is saying new words everyday. His favorite words are still, "Momma", "dadda" and "sista". He must say them a hundred time a day. He has had hair cuts in the past but has his first major buzz cut a while ago. (as you see) It changed his look so much. He is not a baby anymore.

I have to take back what I just wrote about Tyler's favorite word. It is "No" He is such a character. For example, he is in his room. He is supposed to be taking a nap. I can hear him having a conversation with himself and laughing.

Brian and Amy. Dad would have to tell you for himself what he is thinking. I can say that time is helping to heal both of our hurting hearts.

I want to let you all know that I am doing better emotionally. I know that after my last post some of you were a little worried about me. I went to a doctor who I consider more of a friend and talked with her about how I was feeling. Though most of my feeling were in the range of "normal" I have a real struggle with clinical depression. In order to not fall to far into a hole that I might find it hard to crawl out of I started taking some medication to help me cope with life for a short period of time. My goal is to work my way off of it by Christmas and start the new year with a fresh start.

Usually when I start to write the words just flow and I feel like I have a lot to say. The words are not coming so easy anymore. I know that I told you that I had started writing a book and that I was going to share parts with you. I have things written but it needs a lot of editing and I just can't seem to make myself do it. I am a big procratinator.

I still miss Olivia as much as I did on the day she died but it doesn't hurt so much all the time. It has been a while since I have cried myself to sleep.

I'm sorry this isn't the most interesting tonight. I just don't know what to say.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no worries dear- it's just nice to be caught up=) it's so good to read where you're at and don't feel preasure AT ALL to be a major book writer- just take care of you and that little fam. Thanks for keeping us updated. -renee