Thursday, May 03, 2007

Very Heavy Heart Tonight

I'm sitting here looking at the keys.....my fingers do not even want to type the words....not that it makes it any more or less real to see it in black and white...

My mom went to be with Jesus this morning.

She had a chemo treatment yesterday and when I talked to her last night she was really tired. She is after treatment days. They are long.

I recently asked you to pray for her and for grace to get through whatever the future would hold. I never expected this. Please continue to pray....though my mom is healed now....the rest of us are deeply hurting.

wow. They say the Lord will never give you more than you can handle. I guess I'm putting that statement to the test. I've always said that I didn't know what I would do without my mom...

now I will find out.

9 comments:

angie said...

Amy,
I'm so very sorry. I lost my mother when I was just a child and I still miss her to this day. It took me a years to realize that I wasn't given more than I could handle..... I pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

Laura said...

Amy-
I am truly heart broken for you as I read this. I will be prayer for strength and comfort and you deal with your challenges! ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,
I was so very sad to hear this news. I received an email from your mom's friend Pat this afternoon. Your mom was very dear to Pat. My first thoughts were to pray for you and check this blog.
Please know I care.
<>< Julie

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

Amy, i am so very sorry for your loss. Knowing that she went to be with Jesus will make it easier, but not completely take away the pain as you know too well. I will pray for your family that you may find some peace and comfort!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I am so sorry for your lose. We will be praying for you at this difficult time.


Judith Young

Emma R. said...

Amy I am so sorry that I missed this until now but we are dealing with a family crisis ourselves right now. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know I am always here if you want to talk. I will say lots of prayers for your family, you have had to bear so much sadness lately.
Emma's Mom---LORI

Anonymous said...

amy and brian.....jared and I are praying for you and your family at this time. I hope and pray that the service went well today, you were on my heart! Remember....although far away , we are here for you
Jared and Kristen Mowry

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy, I am so very sorry for the loss of your mother. I will be be praying for your family. Please take care.

Julie Rolf
(momo.org - 2girls4me)

Anonymous said...

Amy- hugs all around. I ran into pastor tailor and he told meabout the funneral and how things were going from what he heard. I was thnkful for the update- thinking of and praying for you. -renee