Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Verses



2 Corinthians 1:3+4

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."


This verse kept coming to me in the weeks following Olivia's death and now I find it again coming to me in my devotions as I search for answers. I wouldn't even know where to begin in explaining how I feel about this verse. It reminds me of an article that I wrote for the teens in our youth group once. I was trying to share my life's experiences with them so that they could feel that they could come and talk to me about almost anything and I could understand in some way. I'll try to find that and share it with you all. I never did share it with the teens.

It can only make me wonder what the Lord has in store for my life. Our life. I can't see God allowing me to have all these valley and mountain top experiences and not using them for His glory. Am I going to be a comfort to others that are hurting? I suppose that is part of the reason that I keep writing to you all. I do not know everyone who is reading this. I have no idea what struggles you are facing yourself. If anything I writes helps you in some way than it helps make my pain worth it.

Psalm 30:5

"weeping may endure for a night, But Joy comes in the morning.

I am just sitting here looking at the keys. You wouldn't know that. It may appear that the words came easily. I am starting to feel overwhelmed. There is SO much I want to share. Maybe it is not even that I need to share it but I want to at least write it out for my benefit and I guess there is no harm on putting it on the Internet for the whole world to see. (though I must admit it freaks me out a little from time to time) Some of you who known me may know that I started a book a long time ago. I do like to write. I used to write a lot in high school. Then something happened that made it really hard for me to be honest on paper again. But that is a story in itself. I am thinking of starting another blog and sharing my book with you.

I know that there are quite of few of you checking out the blog. I would love it if you would leave a comment or e-mail me your thoughts from time to time.

Love,

Amy


2 comments:

K Towle said...

Amy,
I just wanted to let you know once again that you are in my prayers. Thank you for being honest and sincere. God is using you to help and encourage others.
Your friend,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,
Once again the others have written it so much better than I.
I do pray for you and your family. Those are good verses to keep in your heart. Bless you for sharing your feelings. I do believe you are touching many people.
<>< Julie