Tuesday, November 06, 2007

conversations with Alysa

Did you know that a 19 month old can hold a conversation with you without you having to say a word? Hers just went as follows:

"Socks on"
so mommy puts her socks on

She immediately responds, "socks off" and pulls them off.

I try to put them on again. "no, no." She grabs them from me and tries to do it herself.
After 1 second of trying she hands me the socks and says "do it".
I get one sock on before she says. "no" and then is sidetracked by something on the floor. "Wipes,"she says. There was a baby wipe on the floor and off she goes.

So, needless to say, she is now standing beside me eating "Crackers" wearing one sock.

I know, it is one of those moments that doesn't really mean as much to you unless you were there. It was just cute and priceless to me.

Please continue to pray that I will hold out these next 2 days and not going into labor. My body is showing some of the signs of it so I just take it hour by hour. If it happens, it happens and I am OK with it but it would be nice to make it to my pre-op visit tomorrow and have the paperwork all ready.

We serve an AWESOME God.

love to all
Mommy

3 comments:

Kristen said...

those moments truly are priceless! we will be praying for you and the baby!

Truck Driver Wife said...

Remember those days forever. Your children are beautiful.

Truck Driver Wife said...

Sending you blessings and hugs today; the eve of the birth of baby Katelyn