Friday, December 14, 2007

Katelyn - One month old

KATELYN Dec. 8, 2007 One month old
(thank you Mrs. Anderson for the quilt)
If I could read your mind, I might hear something like this. "Hmmm, she's got a little chin thing going on there. Lookin' a little chubby if I might say so myself. What a cutie!"
Little is the last things to describe Katelyn. At her 1 month check up she weighed in at 12 and half pounds! She's pretty much the size of a 3 month old.
The good news is that she is able to sleep through the night without having to eat. But right now she is waking up because she has a little cold and has yet to realize that breathing through your nose isn't the ONLY option.
Also, we need to figure out a way to keep Alysa from coming to visit us in the middle of the night. Mommy and Daddy are SO TIRED!! The other evening Tyler fell asleep eating his super. (at 5:30 pm) He went to bed for the night. Made for a quiet evening but then he was up at 4:45 in the morning. AHHHH
I have so much that I want to share with you all but so little time. Any "free" time that I have I am cleaning. As you all know, that is a job that is never done. I have to learn to set aside some time for myself and do some things that I want to do (scrap booking, writing) I've made a promise to myself that Saturday night after the kids go to bed I am going to my Christmas cards. It's probably only the second time that I have sent them since being married! oh the procrastinator in me....
Some of the things that I want to share with you are pictures of Pete (my dad). Since most of the picture are pre-digital is means taking the time to scan them. Time I don't have at the moment. (I kinda have 2 dads but that is another story for another time)
Some of you may wonder why I talk about how much I miss my mom and not so much my dad even though they passed away only 9 days apart. I want to share more about that....though I never finished my mom's story...... someday I will.
Anyway, Pete's birthday would have been Dec 2nd so I have been thinking about him a little more recently. My other dad's b-day is Dec 8th. I wasn't a very good daughter. I didn't even call him. Good intention. Lack of follow through. (If you read this Ricky- you will be getting your b-day/Christmas gift at some point :) It's something that I am working on)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw!She looks great though!Nice and healthy!
-Naomi

kris.mowry said...

she is a cutie!!!!

Truck Driver Wife said...

Your children are absolutely beautiful.