Saturday, May 03, 2008

One Year has passed



I have been thinking a lot about what I would write today. I had decided there was letter that my mom wrote me that I would share with you. I don't know where it is at the moment so I will share it at a later time.

The day went better than expected. It's the days leading up to anniversary dates that are harder I think. What made the day a little smoother was that my aunt was here from South Carolina. She came on Thursday and left today. It was nice to have someone to talk to about mom who also had stories and memories to share. She did not leave until 5pm so it helped the day go better. My other aunt also called to let us know that she was thinking of us.

This evening I focused on my beautiful children and how wonderfully blessed I am. We had fun giving Katelyn her first taste of applesauce today. She's growing up so fast. You can't leave her alone for even a minute now as she is rolling all around.

Of course I spent a lot of time thinking about mom today. I know that Mother's day is just around the corner. The day after that is the one year anniversary for my dad. I am making myself a promise to do my post in honor of him on that day. We may have had our differences but he took care of me for a lot of years.

I have put this off and it now after 11pm. I need to go to bed. I will be back to write more later.

No comments: